FIXED TERM POST – 8 weeks
Futurecity develops cultural visions for the urban realm. It creates the partnerships, research and thinking that invigorate public space, and shape our cities for the future. Futurecity works internationally to connect city makers with artists, curators, galleries and cultural institutions. From commissioning ambitious public art works to producing strategies that unlock the cultural potential of entire districts, Futurecity operates between art and other disciplines, whether science, architecture or technology. As the curator delivering cultural projects from inception to completion, Futurecity is driven by a talented team, all experts in their field, and interested in championing artists who are changing the way culture is presented in an urban context.
The successful applicant will work as our Comms Assistant under the line management of the Managing Director / CEO. There is flexibility on days per week. Contract is fixed term for 8 weeks and will be on the London Living Wage rate.
You will have previous experience and knowledge of the art and design industry in the UK and internationally and be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of current trends and discussions on public art, urbanism and contemporary culture. An excellent organiser from a communications or marketing background, you will have great attention to detail and naturally be an efficient communicator. Within this fast-paced environment, you will remain calm under pressure and be able to manage your time effectively being flexible to adapt to the different roles. It’s also essential that you have strong IT skills.
Examples of duties will include:
- Supporting social media and website activity on a day-to-day basis encouraging conversations about culture and place
- Working closely with the team to understand, develop and communicate the Company’s project specific communications and marketing opportunities
- Managing records of our media and VIP contact database
- Web editing, copywriting and collating information, research and news content from the team
- Compiling the Futurecity email news bulletin and developing marketing material with the support of the team
- Assisting with the organisation and running of events, talks, and private views
If you have the right experience and would like to join a dynamic and friendly team, then please send a 1-2 page CV to Anna Haylock ([email protected]) and a brief cover letter outlining your availability.
Unfortunately, volume of interest means we cannot reply or provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.